Dr. Bender completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln and received his medical degree from University of Nebraska Medical Center. He then attended Morehouse School of Medicine where he began residency in General Surgery and completed residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX. After residency, Dr. Bender furthered his training with a fellowship in Pain and Symptom Management at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Since 2010, Dr. Bender has been serving the Alpharetta-Roswell community with superior orthopaedic care in a comfortable, compassionate environment. Dr. Bender is double board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as well as Pain Management. In addition, he maintains membership in the American Medical Association (AMA), American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), and Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation (PASSOR). With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Bender is dedicated to providing individualized attention and the best orthopaedic care available.
Education / Training
- 1988: University of Nebraska, Lincoln – Bachelor of Science in Biology
- 1995: University of Nebraska, Medical Center – Doctor of Medicine
- 1995-1997: Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA – Department of General Surgery Internship/Residency
- 1997-2000: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
- 2000-2001: MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX – Pain and Symptom Management Fellowship
Certification / Examinations
- Board Certified American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Physiatric Association of Spine Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation (PASSOR)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)